Family Law

General Information


Clerk Phone: (707) 207-7340

Clerk Fax: (707) 428 5017

Court Services: (707) 207-7344

Mediation Scheduling: (707) 207-7347

Hours: Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 12 PM & 1 PM - 3 PM

Facilitator's Office: (707) 207-7348

Hours: M, T, Th & F: 8:15 AM - 12 PM

phone and visiting hours exclude court holidays | holiday schedule

Hall of Justice
600 Union Ave,
Fairfield CA 94533

Office Hours: Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 3 PM

phone and visiting hours exclude court holidays | holiday schedule

Family Law Courts have jurisdiction over all cases involving dissolution of marriage, legal separation, nullity, paternity, domestic violence, child custody, visitation, and support.


Domestic Violence happens in many forms between two people in an intimate relationship. Physical violence includes kicking, punching, shoving, slapping or striking in any way that hurts your body. Sexual violence includes unwelcome touching, fondling or forced intimacy.
Emotional violence using coercion or threats and anger to create a controlling and fearful relationship.

There is a domestic violence form packet available in the Family Law Division Clerk’s Office, the Solano Legal Access Center or can be downloaded at The forms packet is complete with instructions and is free of charge.

Ex Parte applications or emergency hearings are heard by appointment only. The appointment must be scheduled directly with a family law judicial assistant. The fee for an ex parte application is $40. There is no fee for submitting a domestic violence restraining
order. All ex parte applications and domestic violence restraining orders must be completed and ready for submission before 1 p.m.

The Solano Legal Access Center (SLAC) is located on the second floor in the Hall of Justice at 600 Union Avenue, Fairfield CA.
They are open every weekday with the exception of Wednesday from 8:15 to 2:00 p.m.
See the Solano Legal Access Center page for more details.

If you represent yourself, it is YOUR responsibility to prepare a Findings and Order After Hearing or other applicable order. You may purchase copies of the minute order from the hearing at the Family Law Division of the Clerk’s Office for a charge of $.50 per page. The
minute order can provide you with information needed for your order after hearing, i.e., the judge’s name, the department, date and specific orders made by the judge. Refer to Solano County Local Rules of Court 5.9 for more instructions. The Local Rules of Court can be
downloaded or viewed from this website.

The process of obtaining a divorce begins when you file
the initial papers. Your dissolution is not complete until all disagreements are settled and you have prepared and filed all necessary paperwork with the court, and you receive a Notice of Entry of Judgment. You are not divorced until your judgment is filed and entered
by the court.
A person is able to remarry only after the judgment has
been entered ending your martial status. The earliest date marital status can be ended is six months and one day after the Respondent was served with the Summons and Petition for Dissolution.
It is the responsibility of either or both parties to
prepare and file all documents and bring your case to Judgment. It is important that you seek legal advice if you have any questions.

Absolutely not! In California, there is a MINIMUM time of 6 months and 1 day from the date the Respondent is served before a divorce can become final.

  1. There may be a time, even years after your divorce, that you need a copy of the divorce papers.
    To get copies of divorce documents, go to the courthouse in Fairfield located at 600 Union Avenue and ask for a copy or send a request through the mail.
    To request a copy by mail, send us
    Your written request, including your case number if you have it. If you do not have your case number, include in your letter the first and last names of both parties and the approximate year of the divorce. This information will help our office locate your case number. If it takes our office more than 10 minutes to locate your case number, a $10 search fee is required in addition to the fees outlined below.2. A check payable to the Solano Superior Court in the amount of $15 for a certified copy or .50 cents per side per page. If you do not need a certified copy we recommend sending a check not to exceed $15.3. A self-addressed stamped legal-sized envelope with enough postage to mail you back your documents.

If you have an existing case, please bring your case number, the names
of the involved parties and any documents you may have filed in that
case. There may be applicable filing fees. The Family Law Division of
the Clerk’s Office accepts cash, check, Visa, Mastercard or Discover

Paternity is the legal determination of fatherhood. Establishing paternity is the legal process of determining the biological father of a child. When parents are married, in most cases, paternity is established without legal action. If parents are unmarried, establishment of paternity requires a court order. This process should be started by both parents as soon as possible for the benefit of the child(ren).Until paternity is established, the father does not have the legal rights or responsibilities of a parent. Establishing paternity is necessary before custody; visitation and child support may be ordered by the court.

There is a filing fee for all matters except Domestic Violence
restraining orders and Department of Child Support cases. If you cannot
afford to pay filing fees, you may request a Request to Waive Court
Fees and Costs. Forms are available at both locations of the clerk’s
office or you can download the forms at the California Judicial
Council’s website: